Peer Review Process
All papers are fully peer-reviewed. We only publish articles that have been reviewed and approved by highly qualified researchers with expertise in a field appropriate for the article. We used a double-blind peer-reviewing process.
In short, the steps are:
- Manuscript Submission (by author).
- Manuscript Check and Selection (by manager and editors). Editors have a right to accept, reject directly, or review. Before further processing steps, a plagiarism check using Turnitin is applied for each manuscript.
- Manuscript Reviewing Process (by reviewers). The manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous reviewers. The anonymous reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses. Afterward, the editorial team meeting suggested the final decision to the revised manuscript by authors.
- Utilizing feedback from the peer review process, the Editor will make a final publication decision. The review process will take approximately 4 to 12 weeks. Notification of Manuscript Acceptance, Revision, or Rejection (by an editor to the author based on reviewers' comments).
- Paper Revision (by author).
- Revision Submission based on Reviewer Suggestion (by author) with a similar flow to point number 1.
- If the reviewer seems to be satisfied with revision, notification for acceptance (by editor).
- Galley proof and publishing process.
Steps point number 1 to 5 are considered as 1 round of peer-reviewing process (see the grey area in the figure). And, our reviewing process at least goes through 2 rounds of reviewing process.
The journal editor or editorial board considers the peer reviewers' feedback and arrives at a decision. Decisions categories include:
- Reject - Rejected manuscripts will not be published, and authors will not have the opportunity to resubmit a revised version of the manuscript to Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan (JEP).
- Resubmit for Review– The submission needs to be re-worked, but it may be accepted with significant changes. However, It will require a second round of review.
- Accept with Revisions - Manuscripts receiving an accept-pending-revisions decision will be published in Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan (JEP) under the condition that Minor or Major modifications are made. An editorial team will review revisions to ensure necessary updates are made before publication.
- Accept - Accepted manuscripts will be published in the current form, with no further modifications required.